You are here

Big Sandy Station

Located 13 miles from Little Sandy Station and 15 miles from Big Timber Station at west edge of the town of Farson and east of Big Sandy Creek. It was burned by Indians in 1862. The Sandy and Little Sandy flow past on the west and south. (Expedition Utah)

Several sources identify Big Sandy as a relay station for the Pony Express, including the U.S. mail contract of 1861. When Burton passed through the area, he noted that Big Sandy Creek was a resting stop for the stagecoach and that it was about twenty-nine miles from their previous stop at Pacific Creek. Apparently, a Mormon couple operated Big Sandy Station.(NPS)

Add new comment

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Help Develop This Site by Donating Through Paypal