KML File View
Huge parlor & bedroom. Silk quilts & top beds. Two beds in curtained alcoves. Parlor, vast -- looks out on great paved space before the stately RR station. 2red silk sofas; 4 tables; writing desk; 12 chairs. Polished floor with rugs; 3 large windows; 2 ditto mirrors; 2 candelabra with 3 candles each against the walls; 2 with 4 each before the mirrors; chandelier with 12 candles.
The Hanover–Hamburg railway is one of the most important railway lines in Lower Saxony and Germany. It links the Lower Saxon state capital of Hanover with Hamburg, running through Celle, Uelzen and Lüneburg.
Lehrte-Harburg line (1861)
The main section of the route, the line from Celle to Harburg, was opened on 1 May 1847 by the Royal Hanoverian State Railways. It formed a junction with the so-called Kreuzbahn from Lehrte, then the most important railway hub in the Hanover region, to Celle. The Hanover–Lehrte–Celle railway had been opened as early as 15 October 1845. The Celle–Harburg section opened up the northeastern part of the Kingdom of Hanover. At that time Harburg was still Hanover's rival to the port of Hamburg; there was still no link across the Elbe.
In 1864 the line finally reached Hamburg with a detour over the Lauenburg–Hohnstorf ferry and the railway bridge over the Elbe from Harburg to Hamburg was rapidly completely following the unification of Germany into the German Empire in 1872. By 1906 the line was open to the Hanoverian station, known today as Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.
Hanover to Kassel
The Hanoverian Southern Railway (German: Hannöversche Südbahn) is a historical term but it is still a common name for the line between Hanover and Kassel. It is a German main line railway in Lower Saxony and is one of the oldest lines in Germany, opened between 1853 and 1856 by the Royal Hanoverian State Railways.
Its northern sections from Hanover to Alfeld (opened in 1853) and Alfeld to Göttingen (opened in 1854) are part of a once important north-south route that continues in operation. The southern section, known as the Dransfeld Ramp (German: Dransfelder rampe) from Göttingen to Hannoverian Münden opened on 8 May 1856 and closed in stages between 1980 and 1995. The connection from Hann. Münden to Kassel was added in 1856 and continues in operation as part of the Halle–Kassel line.
The term Hanoverian Southern Railway fell out of official use after the annexation of the Kingdom of Hanover by Prussia after the War of 1866, but is now used by railway enthusiasts for the section between Hanover and Göttingen.
This line was built by the Royal Hanoverian State Railways and was therefore also intended to connect the trading centre of Münden with the capital of the Kingdom of Hanover. The route to Göttingen ran relatively easily through the Leine Valley, although it bypassed the major brewing city of Einbeck. In order to avoid passing through the former state of the Electorate of Hesse (Kurhessen), the line continued south through difficult terrain with steep grades between Dransfeld and Münden, known accordingly as the Dransfeld Ramp.