Submitted by scott on Mon, 09/26/2016 - 11:28
40° 14' 8" N , 97° 20' 15" W

This site is reportedly about three miles east of Alexandria, in Jefferson County. Sources generally agree about its identity as a Pony Express station, with stagecoaches stopping there as well. Dan Patterson owned and operated the site as a home station until 1860, when he sold it to Asa and John Latham. History also associates the Daniel Ranch, a post office, and the Ed Farrell Ranch with the Big Sandy Station. (NPS)

Note: The location mapped is the Alexandria State Recreation Area, about 3 miles east of Alexandria

Pony-Stagecoach