197 S High St, Columbus OH
Became known as the Metropolitan Opera House
Closed: January 26, 1892
The November 30, 1874, Dispatch reported that the Metropolitan Opera House was the first building in Columbus with electric ignited, gas jet lighting. The Metropolitan Opera House, also called The Cotton Block and Comstock's Opera House was built in 1862 and burned 1/26/1892.
February 9, 1885
Image From: Metropolitan Opera House :: Columbus in Historic Photographs http://digital-collections.columbuslibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/ohio/id/8850