Submitted by scott on Sat, 10/01/2016 - 10:09
Venue
Off
39° 17' 26" N , 119° 39' 27" W

Founded in 1859 after a gold strike was made south of Mount Davidson.  It became one of Comstock's most prosperous towns while Twain was in Virginia City with a population of about 3,000 people.  By the 1870s, more than 10,000 people lived there, merging with Virginia City.  The area soon declined and is now little more than a ghost town.

Ghost Town