Submitted by scott on Wed, 08/21/2019 - 11:21
Image
Venue
Off
41° 45' 45" N , 72° 40' 27" W

Mark Twain's home from 1871 to 1891, although he was away almost one third of that time. The family first rented in the Nook Farm are then, in 1873, they purchased property and built a large home where they lived from 1873 to 1891. In 1891 the house was shut down and the Clemenses moved to Europe. The property was sold in 1903 and is now maintained by the Mark Twain Memorial.
Photo: https://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/ct0332.photos.023155p/

Big City