Submitted by scott on Thu, 04/02/2020 - 13:55
43° 39' 42" N , 79° 22' 28" W

In 1879, the Pavilion Hall was built. It included a glass conservatory and was also used for concerts and social events. Oscar Wilde gave a lecture here in May 1882. The Hall burned down in 1902. It was replaced by the existing Victorian style conservatory known as the Palm House in 1910. \ 

December 8 and 9, 1884 and February 14, 1885

"Horticultural Gardens Toronto" by Frank William Micklethwaite - This image is available from the City of Toronto Archives, listed under the archival citation Fonds 1478, Item 5.This tag does not indicate the copyright status of the attached work. A normal copyright tag is still required.

Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons -