Submitted by scott on Tue, 09/27/2016 - 09:40
42° 29' 53" N , 107° 6' 49" W

Located 12 miles from Horse Creek Station, 6 miles from Devil’s Gate Station and 12 miles from Plant’s Station on north bank of the Sweetwater River and just south of the old Emigrant Road. Independence Rock is about one mile west. (Expedition Utah)

Several sources identify Sweetwater as a station. Sweetwater existed as a Pony Express station until the summer of 1860, when officials abandoned the site in favor of Split Rock. Nevertheless, for some unknown reason, it still appeared on the 1861 Overland Mail Company contract. Franzwa does not specifically identify the site as a Pony Express station. (NPS)

Pony-Stagecoach