Submitted by scott on Mon, 09/26/2016 - 11:36
Venue
Off
40° 21' 32" N , 98° 7' 60" W

This site is generally acknowledged to be located on the north bank of the Little Blue River, a half-mile northeast of Deweese, in Clay County. In 1859, 0. Allen, in his Guide Book and Map to the Gold Fields of Kansas and Nebraska mentioned Liberty Farm as a U. S. mail station. Allen stated it was at the "Jct. of Ft. Riley Road 19 miles from Oak Grove, U. S. mail station No. 12, 1 1/2 miles east of this place." Sources generally agree on its identity as a Pony Express home station, and that it was then managed by James Lemmons and Charles Emory. L. & P.P. Express Co. and C.O.C. & P.P. Express Co. stagecoaches also stopped at Liberty Farm. (NPS)

Pony-Stagecoach