Submitted by scott on Mon, 09/26/2016 - 09:52
Venue
Off
39° 50' 33" N , 96° 38' 48" W

Sources generally concur on its identity as a station, but disagree on its status as a home or relay station. In 1859, Joseph H. Cottrell and Hank Williams contracted with Russell, Majors, and Waddell to build and lease a livery stable as a home station. Riders stayed at the nearby American Hotel, which was north of the livery stable. The north end of the stone stable served as a blacksmith shop, and stalls were located on the other side. Also was known as Palmetto City (NPS)

Pony-Stagecoach