This site has not been specifically sited but based on dates opened this is likely the site visited by Mark Twain in 1868.
This was one of the legendary Newark showplace addresses at the busy corner of Halsey Street and Market Street. Opened in 1847, this location served 75 years of entertainment including live music, legitimate theatre, vaudeville, and movies. Beginning as Waller’s Opera House, Fred Waldmann took on the location changing it to Waldmann’s Opera House. The location would move to presenting vaudeville.