• Condover Hall

    Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 17:49

    Condover Hall is an elegant Grade I listed three-story Elizabethan sandstone building, described as the grandest manor house in Shropshire, standing in a conservation area on the outskirts of Condover village, Shropshire, England, four miles south of the county town of Shrewsbury.

  • Pitti Gallery, Florence

    Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 21:03

    The Palazzo Pitti (Italian pronunciation: [paˈlattso ˈpitti]), in English sometimes called the Pitti Palace, is a vast mainly Renaissance palace in Florence, Italy. It is situated on the south side of the River Arno, a short distance from the Ponte Vecchio. The core of the present palazzo dates from 1458 and was originally the town residence of Luca Pitti, an ambitious Florentine banker.

  • Vorontsov Palace (Alupka)

    Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 21:50

    The Vorontsov Palace (Ukrainian: Воронцовський палац; Russian: Воронцо́вский дворе́ц) or the Alupka Palace is an historic palace situated at the foot of the Crimean Mountains near the town of Alupka in Crimea. The Vorontsov Palace is one of the oldest and largest palaces in Crimea, and is one of the most popular tourist attractions on Crimea's southern coast. The palace was built between 1828 and 1848 for Russian Prince Mikhail Semyonovich Vorontsov for use as his personal summer residence at a cost of 9 million silver rubles.

  • Livadia Palace

    Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 21:50

    Livadia Palace (Ukrainian: Лівадійський палац, Russian: Ливадийский дворец, Crimean Tatar: Livadiya sarayı) was a summer retreat of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, and his family in Livadiya, Crimea in southern Ukraine. The Yalta Conference was held there in 1945, when the palace housed the apartments of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and other members of the American delegation. Today the palace houses a museum, but it is sometimes used by the Ukrainian authorities for international summits.

  • Massandra Palace

    Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 21:50

    Alexander III, the Peacemaker, has bought this small French style romantic castle as a hunting house for himself in the end of XIX century. The tsar valued cosiness and tranquillity at home so he liked the castle with its small rooms and narrow winding stairs where he never cared of some more space. Instead, trying to keep the air of a French chalet, he ordered to refurbish the castle so it might be used for peaceful family rest instead of living in luxurious Riviera Palaces of South Crimea.