Submitted by scott on

"The first Methodist Church in Keokuk was started in 1842 at 325 Exchange St. and was called the First Methodist Society. In 1869 they moved to 9th and Bank St., built a church and changed their name to First Methodist Episcopal Church. From 1869 – 1910 the German MC, Swedish MC and Chatham Square M.E. Church joined together to form Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church at the corner of 10th and Main St. in Keokuk, Ia. at that time there was 645 members."

40.3996928, -91.3874265
Site Category