Submitted by scott on

Located on a lot of donated land from Amherst College, it was built between the years of 1828 and 1829, to serve as the third meeting house of the First Congregational Church of Amherst. When a new congregational church was built on Main Street in 1868, Amherst College  purchased the former church building and its lands.  In 1905 the building was rededicated as College Hall, as well as expanded and remodeled, with the addition of new columns to the front.

Amherst Black History

42.37275, -72.520252
Site Category
Type of Feedback