Founded in 1859 after a gold strike was made south of Mount Davidson. It became one of Comstock's most prosperous towns while Twain was in Virginia City with a population of about 3,000 people. By the 1870s, more than 10,000 people lived there, merging with Virginia City. The area soon declined and is now little more than a ghost town.
39° 17' 26" N , 119° 39' 27" W