The Grand Hotel de Garavan (1867), Hotel Bellevue (1873), Garavan Palace (1912) and Hotel des Anglais (1880, now gone) were all east of the old town and followed the opening of the Menton Garavan train station in 1869. They are all close to the Roman road Via Julia Augusta. Hotel Bellevue once had an Anglican Chapel, now gone. The auction that followed the hotel's bankruptcy in 1937 included 3000 bottles of wine.
43° 46' 30" N , 7° 30' 0" E