Butler - a post office from1891-1901. Thomas Coulter was the postmaster. After this, the mail address was Austin.
Austin - was a flag station on the Northern Pacific north of Helena near the once populous and prosperous placer camp known as Greenhorn. According to postal records, Peter Tostevin was appointed postmaster when the post office opened in 1901 in a place formerly known as Butler. The office closed in 1967.