Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 12:26
Image

The town was first settled in 1791 by Samuel Rice. Addison, originally a part of the old town of Painted Post, was organized as Middletown at the time of the organization of Steuben county in March 1796. The name was changed to Addison, in honor of Joseph Addison, the English author, on April 6, 1808. The early settlers called it also "Tuscarora". An Addison Academy opened in 1840. In 1890 the population of Addison was 2,884.

Wikipedia

42° 6' 14" N , 77° 14' 2" W
Site Category
Venue
No

Reader Feedback Webform

Type of Feedback