Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 14:15
Image

Atlanta, A hamlet in the northeast part of Cohocton formerly known as "Bloods." It was founded around 1840. The Cohocton River changes from east-flowing to south-flowing at Atlanta.

The settlement of the township was slow at first. There were many dangers and hardships: bears, bobcats, panthers, lynxes, wolves and rattlesnakes.

42° 33' 12" N , 77° 28' 24" W
Site Category
Venue
No

Reader Feedback Webform

Type of Feedback