Submitted by scott on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 14:15
Image

Savona. The Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad (DL&W) was completed through Savona in 1882, providing direct competition with the Erie Railroad, which opened in Savona in 1852. The opening of a second major railroad convinced a majority of the residents that the town would continue to grow and need its own government. May of 1883 Savona became a village corporation.

Savona, NY Depot

 

42° 17' 21" N , 77° 13' 36" W
Site Category
Venue
No

Reader Feedback Webform

Type of Feedback