The Northern Arrow was one of the named passenger trains of the Pennsylvania Railroad serving St. Louis, Missouri, Cincinnati, Ohio, Chicago, Illinois, and Mackinaw City, Michigan. It used the Grand Rapids and Indiana Railroad, a leased subsidiary of the Pennsylvania system. The train was frequented by northbound travelers to popular Northern Michigan destinations north of Grand Rapids, Michigan, such as Petoskey, Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island. One section of the Northern Arrow was a seasonal summer weekly service between Cincinnati, Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Mackinaw City, while another section ran between St. Louis, Fort Wayne, and Mackinaw City. On May 26, 1950, the Northern Arrow was re-equipped with a lightweight lounge and sleeping cars plus a dining car decorated with Northern Michigan photomurals. Service was ended in 1961.
Northern Arrow, From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia