Sam took Frink’s stage to Bloomington. Frink’s was first established in 1840 as Frink, Walker and Company. The company came to dominate all stagecoach travel in Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, and Missouri. They used Concord coaches for their routes. The name changed to John Frink and Company in 1849 and the business relationship between the two men was dissolved in 1856.
Matile, Roger. “John Frink and Martin Walker: Stagecoach Kings of the Old Northwest.” Journal of the Illinois State Historical Society (1998-), vol. 95, no. 2, University of Illinois Press, 2002, pp. 119–31, http://www.jstor.org/stable/40193518.