Peoria, Oquawka and Burlington RR

Early in 1864, the Peoria and Oquawka Railroad had been changed to the Peoria and Burlington Railroad (March 8, 1864). Its construction had been completed (March 17, 1855) and it was operated under lease until June 24, 1864, when it became the property of Burlington, and on that date, by legislative act, the name of the road was changed from Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Rail Road Company to Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad Company, under which the “Articles of Consolidations” became effective.

Subscribe to